Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Second week of MTC

Hi Everyone!
I hope everything is going great!
Wow I have been at the MTC for 10 days now.  That's crazy!  When I think that my last temple session was 1 week ago the time just has seemed to fly.  The weeks at the MTC go by fast, but the days are super long.  To tell you the truth the entire week seems like on big long day, that's good and bad.
Before you start to look for pictures I can't seem to find how to do it on the MTC computers so sorry for the lack of pictures once again.  The MTC computers have a really weird setup that limits what you can do on the computer (reasonable enough considering).
I have been getting your letters through Dear Elder so don't worry about that.  It is so nice that you guys are writing me constatly, so please don't stop.  The packages however seem a little out of hand.  No offense, but I literally cannot find the time to eat the stuff that you send me.  I can't eat it in the cafeteria, I can't eat it in class, I can't eat in the computer lab, I can't eat it on the temple walks that we have.  You get the picture.  So with all politeness, limit what food you send me.  I just want more pictures to be honest, and a backpack because carrying around all my stuff at the MTC is crazy.  I don't know if I told you last week but the amount of books that they give to the Japanese missionaries is insane.  If I want to get my luggage to be under 50 pounds I need to find some stuff to get rid of fast.  I literally have 20 different books that they gave to me because I am a Japanese missionary.
Anyways it seems that life is as normal at home.  Dad is being drizen slowly insane by sprinklers, Mom is working on the camper while the entire neighbourhood is wondering what the heck she is doing, Elizabeth is rocking out with her friends and is getting ready for the party life this summer, the normal stuff. 

 I hope that I can learn this language, it might cost me my sanity though (I am not joking either).  Tell everyone that I love all the letters that they send me.  They really do make my day when I have time to read them.
Dad I still haven't found Grandpa and Grandma's pictures yet.  I need to skip a meal one day (that is literally the only time I would be able to do it) and find it. 
Elder Baldwin, though, is running me into the ground.  He loves to work out and I said something along the lines of 'Hey can you teach me to work out'.  I, somewhat, regret my decision.  He drags me through the trenches.  Last work out we did lunges all around one floor and then moved up to the next one, for FIVE FLOORS.  I'm getting stronger though which I cannot thank him enough for tolerating my lack of physical prowess. 
So it turns out that my Japanese Investigator, Nishimura-san, is actually our second teacher!  I guess he knows what we really need to work on.  He is really nice and brings a calmer atmosphere than Brindley-sensei does.  It still is weird to talk to him though because I still see him as Nishimura-san our investigator, I guess that will pass with time though.
At this point all that I am looking forward to is the temple.  That is all that I want to do at this point.  To sit down and not worry about what is happening, that would be amazing!
So my time is closing up and I wish that I was able to talk about everything, but, alas, I cannot in 60 minutes.  I just want you all to know that I miss you.  More than you can even imagine.   I hope you all know that in the deepest part of your hearts.  There is not a hour that goes by without me thinking of you.  Please pray for me,  I need your support . I love you all so much.
WITH ALL THE LOVE IN THE WORLD,
Klein-choro (Elder Klein)
.

2 comments:

  1. Awww Jillyn and Rick- Kolton sounds great! We are so proud of him and are praying for his success with the Japanese language. I'm sure it's very difficult to learn! He does sound happy with many goodies to eat :P Thanks for sharing his sweet emails <3 Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing Kolton's mission with us. I love reading about missionaries. Kolton sounds like a super great missionary already and it will only go up from there. I am sure he will be fine with the language and all the challenges the MTC throws his way....including his workout-crazy companion....I think Greg and his comp would get along great ;)

    ReplyDelete