Tuesday, June 25, 2013

It's like a sentance enhancer...

Hi Everyone!
Another week has passed by and wow! it sure has passed by really quick.  Well this week has just been a lot like last week.  I'm doing my best to try and get the language down and I am just barely reaping the rewards while in our investigator lessons.  Last lesson, for instance, me and Baldwin-choro taught about the Word of Wisdom, and for the first time in all of our lessons I did most of the talking.  It was quite awesome.
Well before I start anything else I will answer your questions mom.
1- I am pretty good with everything else, expect for socks.  Maybe send me a new case of shampoo.  and YES send me more short sleeved shirts, I thought that I could just roll them up if I got hot, but apparently rolled up sleeves isn't missionary like...
2- The candy situation is just fine.  Just keeping doing what you are doing.
3- I think that I will torment you and not send any pictures back home until I am in the mission field.
4-I eat MTC caffeteria food.  Miles and miles of medicore food as far as the eye can see.  My hair has been cut once by a really nice lady who put me into an appointment even though I didn't have one scheduled.  When the hair lady asked me about numbers I didn't have any clue what she was talking about.  Yes, my roommates know that I am a 3rd degree black belt, there is a Elder named Bedwell-choro who is crazy about Jujitsu in my district.
5- Please don't send me those shoe non-slip things anymore.  They kind of work, but whenever I walk it sounds like my shoes are farting...please no. 
 It seems like you heard about the broadcast tomorrow.  Please watch it, I don't know what they are going to say, but it will be a day to remember.  You will probably see me on the broadcast, I am in the choir (with the rest of the MTC) and they will be scanning around the choir while we are singing our songs.  If you pause the video that they will be putting on LDS.org then you can probably go frame by frame and try to catch me.
This week we have been learning about giving and recieving phrases.  The Japanese people have like 20 different ways of saying to give or to recieve, based on who you are giving or recieving.  If I am giving something to a child, I would not use the same word as I would if I was giving to a Elderly person, just a sign of respect and status.  Well, these verbs can also be tacked on at the end of a sentence to give the subject of your sentence more respect.  Like if I was saying Jesus Christ loves everyone then I could tack on a high respect giving verb at the end to make it ultra polite.  But, how I like to remember it is that it is a sentence enhancer, without the swearing.  You just sprinkle it on anything you say and WAMMO! you got yourself a spicy sentence sandwich.  Sometimes my mouth tingles after the spicyness of my conversations...
{this is a reference to Spongebob Squarepants, for those who don't know}
Yesterday, Brindley-sensei left the MTC... I am pretty sad about it.  I know that I only knew him for a month but he was so amazing in so many ways.  He had to leave the MTC to find a job to support his pregnant wife or whatever...  But I will really miss him.  He gave us all of his last minute crazy stories yesterday including his EPIC STORY.  I cannot disclose it, for it is a secret, but surfice to say that it included a chapel, a very fresh of the MTC Brindely-sensei, the 9, one mans desire to journey to Utah, a Katana being drawn, a baptism, and maybe a little bit of sake in the man involved.  That is all I can say.
I was great to hear from everyone.  Pat wrote me the other day and that was awesome.  I loved how, while at the MTC, John drew vicious monsters  when he was tired of the group think.  It cheered me up quite a bit, so tell her thank you for that.
Well, last Sunday was Father's Day so I think that I should write a little about that.
Dad, you are my hero.  Don't take that as trying to make up not writing to you on last Saturday, but rather as a fact.  You are a hero.  Whenever someone asks about you at the MTC I always say a couple of things.  1- He is the kindest, most gentle, thoughtful person that I have ever met.  I have never met anyother man that has been so kind and so caring and so gentle to other people in my entire life. That he has taught me how to extend outward to other people through pure love and care 2- He is the smartest man that I have ever met in my entire life.  I tell them that you have read everything from Aristotle to Of the Origin of Species.  I tell them that my Dad could talk about anything to anyone, whether it be about Quantum Physics, the Impressionist Era of Art, the theory of Evolution, Buddhism, or the Civil War.  I tell them that you have read about 1,000,000 books and every time I talk to you you have read another.  You have taught me that it is important to become learned, that no matter what you do in this life whether it is being an Engineer or whether as being a Garbage man, you can be smart.  That learning, true learning, allows you to be empathetic to other people, to see their point of view, to see where other people have come from and where they may want to go.  3- That the way you judge someone is not where they were born or where they are currently, but where they want to be.  That there a times when someone is down of the ground, down on the lowest point in their life.  But what defines that person is what they do once they are at that point, whether they try to get up and dust themselves of or whether they lay there defeated is what truly defines a person.  4- He is my hero.  Of everyone that I have ever known, my Dad is my greatest hero.  All these things that I have said are true.  All of them.  I wish I could see you right now so that you can know how much I know these things are true.  Little characters on a electronic screen can never convey the true, heartfelt, meaning of my words.  I LOVE YOU!
This week has been tough, but, as my hero has taught me, it is not what situations you find yourself in that defines you, but what you choose to do.  I can either give up and never know what would be on the other side of hill, or I can keep moving and see how big the world really is and what good I can do in it. It is hard to get through tough times but As the great J.R.R. Tolkien wrote:
"I wish this had never have happened."-Frodo
"So do all that live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide.  All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." -Gandalf
 I want to share a few words in Japanese:
私はイエスキリストが見なさを愛すると明かしします。神様の医師を守ったら毎日、私たちは神様とイエスキリストの愛を感じることができると明かしします。私はモルモン所が真実駄々と知っています。
私はみなさんをとてもあいしっています。
(P.S. some of the kanji maybe wrong, the computer automatically fills it in)
That is all I can share for this week.  I love you all so very much.  I read all your letters and wish I was there with you, but I have to do this. This is what the Lord has asked of me.  I love the Japanese people so much and I haven't even got to Japan yet!  I Love you All.
With Love,
 Klein-choro (Elder Klein)

No comments:

Post a Comment